No special occasion needed, and they don't have to be fancy. A bunch of daisies works just as well as a bunch of roses. Lucky for me I have a rather large flower garden from which to pull from but in the lean times most any grocery store can provide me with a small bunch of flowers to brighten my day no matter the season.
Flowers from the store, lilac from my garden
To keep flowers around longer I can offer you these suggestions based on my experience with wanting to get the most bang for my buck flower wise.
- Change the water every day.
- Don't let any leaves sit below the water level, with will cause scum.
- Pick up a couple packets of the flower fresh stuff, and use it. If you don't have any a bit of sugar and a wee bit of bleach can help.
- Keep them out of direct sunlight.
- Re cut the flower stems on the angle on the first day and again on the 3 and 5th days. By cutting and changing the water I can get most flowers to last a week.
- Choose more hardy flowers for longer life. Orchids, Mums, Gladiolas Carnations, Peonies, roses and lilies:
What do you do to make yourself happy and feel good each day?