Vintage buttons and button cards have long been a tiny little passion of mine, and seeing an adorable button sampler project done by a friend contributed to me dreaming up this one! There is just something so charming about the attention to detail that was paid to even the backer cards for even a simple 4-pack of buttons back in the day. It is something you just do not see today. With that inspiration I created this small piece of art for my home.
Using a vintage image from Karen at the Grapics Fairy I went into Photoshop and fussed with it a bit and added a ficticious name to add a touch a fanciful reality to my project. I went so far as to add, EST. 1901 under the company name for just a bit more fun.
I then printed it out on a piece of Artist Transfer Paper and ironed it onto a piece of muslin. I hunted through my buttons for just the right ones and then stitched them on. Of course then I had to go in search of a frame. It was what I like to call a ~Goldilocks project~.. one was "too small", the other "too large".. and let me tell you I had to do some digging to come up with "just right". Or in this case, "just right enough" since begggars who don't want to drive to Hobbly Lobby can't be choosers.
I added a thin piece of batting to the glass for some dimension and then wrapped the muslin around the glass and secured on the back with some double sticky craft tape and put it back in the frame... easy peasy!
And it now lives very happily on my Vintage Typwriter.. I think they are a happy match!
I printed out a second iron-on... If you would like it add a comment and I will pick a name midweek!