Five Fast Ways to Find Time To Sew
There is not a week that passes that someone tells me that they " so wish they could sew, but just don't have the time" - well pardon my French - Bullshit. If you want to do something bad enough you will find the time. With as little as 15 minutes you can put in a zipper, pin up a hem or piece part of a quilt block. Little by little each project will get done and that feels amazing!
Here are my top 5 ways to find time to sew and craft.
1) Set up a dedicated area or at least flexible storage that makes setting up and breaking down fast. Be creative, if you only use those "good dishes" 1 time a year pack them away and use the dinning room hutch to store your supplies.
2) Get up early - yeh I know, this one sort of sucks but I am amazed at how nice and quite the house is at 6am before my crew is up. I can often score an hour or more of sewing before I head out to run.
3) Pick some nights for VERY EASY dinners - like crock pot soup and a loaf of bread then use that time to sew.
4) Use online resources wisely. Everything from fabric to time can be bought on the internet thus saving you time that could be better used for sewing. I use ALICE for all of my annoying but non-pressing sundry shopping needs saving a ton of time and gas in the process. I am also making big puppy eyes at Time Dog for all the things they can do for me.. like gathering quilt show information. Finding me events and locations when I travel. It is like having your own private secretary who does not get PMS and take overly long lunch breaks! These things save me time.. Time I can be sewing.
5) Get off the computer and back away from the TV. The average american spends 151 HOURS watching tv each month.. that is just TV.. just let that sink in..151 HOURS that that does not even count computer time - unless you watch NO TV, you have time to sew.
Now all you have is a choice since pretty much there are no more excuses.
What do you think you could do to make time for something you really want to do or try?
Labels: I sew- a lot